This recipe was a huge hit! I loved it! It was pretty simple to make as well, all in one pot! (Besides the grilled cheese of course).
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced petite tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups 4-cheese tortellini, frozen
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed a bit) chopped spinach
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and flour and whisk to combine. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, and tortellini. Bring to a boil, and then simmer about 10 minutes or until tortellini is cooked.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese and stir. Add spinach and cook for a couple minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Original recipe found at: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55557/creamy-parm-tomato-soup-recipe/