YUMMY! This thing would work PERFECT for a gathering. It’s also pretty cost effective to make. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making this one for some upcoming gatherings for friends/family. Be warned, it does take a bit of time to assemble etc, but overall super easy. Enjoy!
Chicken Quesadilla Ring
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used my Instant Pot to make the chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 20 taco-size tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and taco sauce, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly add about 2 tablespoons each of the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken mixture to each tortilla half.
- Roll the tortillas into cones, starting from the cut edge and making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
- Place a wide mouth jar or glass in the center of the baking sheet.
- Create a ring around the jar with about 13 tortilla cones. The points of the cones should be in the center, touching the jar. Sprinkle cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese over the layer. Repeat with the remaining cones to make 2 more layers, finishing with the rest of the cheddar and Monterey Jack. Remove the jar from the center of the ring.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy, 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the blooming quesadilla to a serving platter. Place your dip of choice inside the ring and top with your desired garnishes. Serve immediately.
Original recipe found at: www.tasty.com
I know I’ve said it on a bunch of recipes I’ve posted, but talk about SUPER easy! This recipe was done in no time, all in one-pot for easy clean-up. I was also pleasantly surprised by the full flavor of the meal. Highly recommend for a quick night meal.
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 10 oz Pasta of Choice
- Onions (Optional)
- Sour Cream (Optional Topping)
- Doritos, Crushed (Optional Topping)
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, taco seasoning, pasta and salsa.
- Bring to boil and then turn down heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally, or until pasta reaches desired done-ness.
- Serve it up with optional toppings of your choice. It really does taste like tacos so whatever you normally like, will probably taste amazing.
Yummy! Came home from work not knowing what the heck I should make us for supper. So I made something up! I would definitely make this one again. The recipe isn’t as detailed this time around and I was literally making it up as I went along. Ask me if you have any questions. I foresee many variations of this recipe being possible!
Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Carnitas
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chili powder
- brown rice
- toppings of choice
- spray instant Pot with non-stick spray
- place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot
- put chicken broth, and lime juice over chicken.
- Season with desired amount of chili powder, salt and pepper, add some onion if wanted.
- Turn on instant Pot on manual setting for 16 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice.
- Remove chicken.
- Shred chciken and lightly top with some oil and chili powder.
- Spred out on baking sheet.
- Broil in oven till desired crispiness.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!