This was a pretty easy-to-make pasta salad, and tasted delicious. I’ll definitely make this one again for a future potluck or summer grill outside dish. 🙂
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. box of pasta (I used bow-ties)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced (I used less as we’re not huge tomato fans)
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese ball (not shredded)
- 1/4 cup store bought pesto
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder (I used a little more, I LOVE garlic!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp basil (for garnish, optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, slice your tomatoes and cut the mozzarella into cubes.
- Once your pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add your cooled pasta to a mixing bowl along with the tomatoes, mozarella, pesto, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Toss together and serve or refridgerate for later. 🙂