First I want to start off by saying, this isn’t a product review blog, however when we find a product we like, we just might recommend it for our followers and their homes.
I love the look of mulch in landscaping, however one of the downfalls is how incredibly fast it fades. Even when it says it’s guaranteed for a a year plus, we all know that just isn’t the case. Well we found this product to give it a try at Menards. Needless to say, we were both very impressed with it. Super easy to put on, and way cheaper than going out and buying a bunch of new bags of mulch to refresh it.
Pretty sure we’ll be buying this again in the spring to refresh it after the long North Dakota winter. 🙂 I bottle covered all of our mulch, and if you’ve seen our landscaping, we actually have quite a bit!
Talk about another huge Instant Pot success! Derek has been in the fall mood and most definetaly craving the pumpkin lately, so I decided to get to work and make this cheesecake. It’s simple to make as well!
Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- 3/4 Cups Ginger Snaps (About 20 Cookies)
- 2 Tbs Pecans
- 2 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 2 – 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, at Room Temp.
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- In a blender or food processor, combine cookies and pecans. Pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl combine crumbs and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Use your fingers and press firmly into bottom and sides of springform pan (I used a 6″ in this case). Place pan in freezer until your ready for it.
- In large mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time and make sure to not overwork the batter.
- Pour mixture on top of cookie crust in springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add in trivet with springform pan into the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove from cooker and allow to cool, then refridgerate until ready to serve. Top with caramel and pecans.
Derek got creative on our day off together. Say hello to the newest addition to our outdoor space. A pallet bar! Made with two pallets, a few spare boards we had around the house and 3 paver stones. I think we can consider this one a success!
Heres a few fun photos from the process!
Derek and I made it one successful project filled weekend. Check out just a few of the projects we took on this last weekend.
I got brave and put up these outdoor lights myself. Was surprised on how easy and quick it is to swap out the old outdoor lights and put up the new ones. It made a huge difference and we couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. 🙂
I need to take some better pictures but we did more outdoor landscaping in our front yard! I absolutely LOVE how it’s coming along.
YAY! I finally got my full glass storm door (special thanks to Derek’s dad Noel for helping us install it. I would have never been able to do it on my own). Also, notice the door? Derek finally got around to painting it to match the front bottom sides of our house by the garage door! I absolutely LOVE how this turned out as well. It’s amazing how much a little paint can change things.
I love little lawn ornaments. Isn’t he cute?
This is pretty sweet. I almost walked by it but once I looked more at it in the store I just had to have it. The green/blue glows in the dark!
Another special thanks to my AMAZING husband for all his hard work making our home look amazing. He works hard all week and comes home working hard there as well. ❤
More to come VERY soon! 🙂
We had a fantastic weekend filled with a few small home projects. We re-painted a wall and gave our entry way a little makeover, and changed out our dining room blinds for some curtains. Though these two things seem small, they made a huge difference to our home!
Check out our new entry way! I’m really loving the blue!
Check out this before and after! I did like the red but this new blue sure fits the home.
It’s finally done and ready to share! We put in a fireplace and did a wood plank wall! Derek did some sweet work on this one and we’re really proud of it! from a blank slate wall to a attention getting useable feature wall.
Derek had the day off and decided to make a Pinterest project come to life in our room. I absolutely love it!! First picture is from before. Scroll down to see the after!! I must say, I’m quite proud of or use of power tools in this house recently! Check back soon for another HUGE project happening in our home soon.