YUMMY! I knew I had to give this one a try as soon as I seen it. Also, what better way to kick off grilling season? I highly recommend giving this one a try, it’s super easy and full of flavor!
Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Whisk together maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, paprika and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to brush on chicken when cooking. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and refrigerate a few hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill 12 to 15 minutes, until juices run clear. Brush chicken on both sides with reserved marinade before removing from grill.
I just have to start off my saying this pizza was incredible! Although we haven’t made it recently I figured being a football Sunday and Vikings game-day it’d be the perfect post to kick off our new website!
This recipe did take a little time to make and prepare but I’d highly recommend it to really get your game-day fans excited! I’ll keep this short and get to photos and the recipe! In the future I’ll try to take more photos while preparing the recipe! 🙂
Just check out this pizza as it’s being prepared! Ready for the grill! Cut it and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Bacon with Creamy Garlic Sauce Pizza
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- pizza dough
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup wine, beer, or chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper. Place bacon slices on parchment and cook for 10-15 minutes our until crispy.
- Season and grill chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Create sauce (see below).
- Spread pizza dough onto pizza pan or stone. Prick with a fork all over.
- Spread sauce over dough.
- Top with chicken, bacon, shredded colby jack and mozzarella.
- Grill until crust is done to your liking.
- In a skillet, melt butter and oil.
- Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add wine (or beer or broth). Stir.
- Add milk slowly and stir.
- Season to taste.
- Add basil.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.