This one was a definite HIT in our home. If you don’t know me personally, I’m a HUGE fan of garlic, so it was no wonder why this one was a huge hit for me. The original recipe didn’t call for chicken, but I put it in, and I’d highly recommend it! I’ll be putting this one on the list to make again. Below you’ll find the recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon (I used just a squirt of lemon juice, it seemed to work fine)
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley
- Mince 3 garlic cloves. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Add breadcrumbs and minced garlic and season with crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Cook until bread crumbs or golden and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove breadcrumbs into a bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Thinly slice remaining 3 cloves garlic. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions, reserving at least 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add sliced garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low until pasta is done cooking.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and Parmesan if using. Add pasta water to thicken sauce as needed. Stir in parsley and 3/4 of the bread crumbs and toss. Top with remaining bread crumbs and serve immediately.
- I’d recommend adding some cooked chicken breast or tenderloins (which is what I did).
Original recipe found at www.delish.com.
By far I think this was the biggest hit of our little Superbowl Sunday get together. They didn’t last long and not one was left over. I’d highly recommend this one for potlucks or a family/friends get together. Enjoy!
Dill Pickle Roll-Ups
- 4-5 Flour Tortillas of Your Choice
- 1 Cup Dill Relish
- 1 8oz. Package Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dried Dill Weed for Garnish
- Mix together cream cheese, garlic, pepper jack cheese and dill relish.
- Divide the mixture onto your tortillas (spread all the way to the edges).
- Roll them up.
- Place them on a plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice them about 1″ thick each.
- Garnish with dried dill weed and serve.
Looking for a super flavorful meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? This is a super tasty and REALLY easy meal to prepare!
Instant Pot Asian Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup unprepared rice
- 1 bag steamer broccoli
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and rice.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 18 min. then let natural release for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking. Prepare rice on stove top. Also prepare broccoli.
- Once chicken is done. Remove from pot and cut/shred.
- Set instant Pot to sauté. Add in corn starch mixture to thicken. (3 tablespoons with 3 tablespoons water)
- Add chicken back into mixture. Add in broccoli as well and stir.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy!
Tonight’s supper was quite awesome! I was in a cooking mood so decided to try some crispy baked chicken, homemade copy-cat Olive Garden alfredo sauce over some fettuccine noodles. Served with a side of homemade garlic toast.
Breaded Crispy Chicken Alfredo
Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg and set aside. In seperate dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken in flour first and then egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until done.
Olive Garden Copy-Cat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (I use a little more than this as I LOVE garlic!)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy cream and cheeses, stir together and heat until simmering and cheese is well combined. (Add salt and pepper to taste)
I highly recommend trying this one! 🙂