These cookies were AMAZING! They’re pretty easy to make as well. Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 10 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 2″ balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Let sit 2 minutes until sugar is absorbed, then reroll in powdered sugar (do not shake off excess). Place about 2″ apart on prepared baking sheet and bake until cookies crackle and are set but still slightly soft in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Original Recipe found at: https://www.delish.com
Talk about another huge Instant Pot success! Derek has been in the fall mood and most definetaly craving the pumpkin lately, so I decided to get to work and make this cheesecake. It’s simple to make as well!
Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- 3/4 Cups Ginger Snaps (About 20 Cookies)
- 2 Tbs Pecans
- 2 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 2 – 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, at Room Temp.
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- In a blender or food processor, combine cookies and pecans. Pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl combine crumbs and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Use your fingers and press firmly into bottom and sides of springform pan (I used a 6″ in this case). Place pan in freezer until your ready for it.
- In large mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time and make sure to not overwork the batter.
- Pour mixture on top of cookie crust in springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add in trivet with springform pan into the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove from cooker and allow to cool, then refridgerate until ready to serve. Top with caramel and pecans.
This was a super easy quick meal to put together and even though doesn’t always look the best and definitely looked funny when I was making it, it turned out great and something I’d definitely make us again. Check out the recipe below.
This recipe came from Pillsbury.com (minor adjustments made to the way I made it below)
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen potato pierogies
- 1 package kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), very softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place frozen pierogies and some butter in frying pan and saute just a bit to brown the outside of the pierogies. Place pierogies evenly in casserole. Top with sausage.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth and pepper with whisk. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Cover with foil; bake about 30 minutes or until center is heated through and temperature reaches 165°F.
- Uncover, and top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tonight’s supper was quite awesome! I was in a cooking mood so decided to try some crispy baked chicken, homemade copy-cat Olive Garden alfredo sauce over some fettuccine noodles. Served with a side of homemade garlic toast.
Breaded Crispy Chicken Alfredo
Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg and set aside. In seperate dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken in flour first and then egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until done.
Olive Garden Copy-Cat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (I use a little more than this as I LOVE garlic!)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy cream and cheeses, stir together and heat until simmering and cheese is well combined. (Add salt and pepper to taste)
I highly recommend trying this one! 🙂
I decided to try and be a little creative with supper tonight. Nothing special but it taste delicious and was pretty easy and quick to make. (nothing healthy though). I simply made homemade Velveeta Mac and cheese and also made some kielbasa with onion and garlic. After it was done I combined it and put it in a glass pan, topped with panko bread crumbs and crispy French onions. Popped it in the oven for a few minutes on broil and ENJOY!
This is another one that made me fall further in love with our Instant Pot! How amazing and simple it is to have delicious homemade cheesecake right at home! 🙂 See the recipe below! Also just a little PS – If you really want to make it even more unhealthy, give breading it and deep frying a try! YUM!
Instant Pot Cheesecake
For the Crust
- ¾ cup Crushed Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
For the Filling
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Whipping/Heavy Cream
Instructions for the crust:
- Pour the crushed crackers and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and add to graham cracker mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour crust mixture into bottom of greased 6-inch cheesecake pan and press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Press the crust part way up the pan side.
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, cream, flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, lightly mixing until just combined.
- Pour filling into the pan, on top of the crust.
- Instant pot cooking instructions:
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of your pressure cooker and then place the instant pot trivet with handles inside the pot.
- Place cheesecake into pressure cooker onto the trivet.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Press the manual button. Set to High Pressure for 37 minutes. Allow an 18 minute natural release.
- Open the vent Open the pressure cooker and carefully lift the pan by the trivet handles making sure it is evenly balanced.
- Gently absorb any liquid on the cheescake with a paper towel.
- Let cool on wire rack until cool enough to easily handle.
- Cool on your countertop until it’s easy to handle. Set in your fridge in the springform pan until set. This will take several hours to overnight.
- Remove the springform pan sides and serve on the bottom plate.
- Garnish with the toppings you prefer.
That’s it! Your ready to enjoy!
Original recipe found at: https://www.homemadefoodjunkie.com