This one was a hit. We both thought the flavor was maybe a bit bland, but I already have some ideas for ways to update it next time. (I’ll update this post then!) Here’s the recipe!
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. water
- Sausage (I used Kielbasa)
- 1/2 pint cream
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- Mix flour, salt, egg and water, until dough ball forms. Tear up dough into pieces and place it into a kettle of boiling water. Boil until done, about 5-10 minutes. Rinse under cold water.
- Prepare sausage in skillet.
- Combine cream, chicken bouillon and pepper in a small bowl. Add knepfla to meat and pour cream mixture over the top.
- Add knepfla to meat and pour cream mixture over the top.
- Heat until heated through.
I know I’ve said it on a bunch of recipes I’ve posted, but talk about SUPER easy! This recipe was done in no time, all in one-pot for easy clean-up. I was also pleasantly surprised by the full flavor of the meal. Highly recommend for a quick night meal.
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 10 oz Pasta of Choice
- Onions (Optional)
- Sour Cream (Optional Topping)
- Doritos, Crushed (Optional Topping)
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, taco seasoning, pasta and salsa.
- Bring to boil and then turn down heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally, or until pasta reaches desired done-ness.
- Serve it up with optional toppings of your choice. It really does taste like tacos so whatever you normally like, will probably taste amazing.
This was supposed to be just a quick throw together meal for Derek and I. Well simple it was, however it tasted like something that was made over a long difficult time in the kitchen. Simple, yet tasty.
Sausage Mozarella Spinach Ravioli Pasta
- Spinach & Mozarella Ravioli
- Jar of Marinara Sauce / Spaghetti Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese (For Topping)
- Start by adding a little olive oil to a pan and heating over medium heat. Add onions, saute for a couple of minutes then add in garlic. Saute for 1 minute longer and add in sausage slices, cook until done.
- Prepare Ravioli according to directions and then strain water out.
- Mix together sausage, tortellini and sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Yummy! That’s my description of this SUPER simple easy meal. Who doesn’t love some tasty ribs?
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 lbs. Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 tsp dry rub*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
* for the dry rub I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Rub the dry seasoning on the ribs. Recommended you let it sit in the fridge with the rub on them for awhile (I didn’t this time).
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot and add water.
- Coil the ribs around the inside of the pot.
- Set on manual pressure for 30 minutes, when time expires let naturally pressure release for 25 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the instant pot and place on cookie sheet. Cover the ribs on both sides with bbq sauce, then place in oven on broil until desired texture is reached.
Anyone that knows me already knows how much I love my Instant Pot. What you may not know is one of my favorite things to cook in it is chicken. It’s amazing how easy it is and how juicy the chicken comes out. This was a super simple recipe that was a hit for us! 🙂
Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mixed with a tad of water before adding)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add broth and sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn valve to sealing. Select Manual, high pressure, and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- Once the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board or serving platter. Turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Stir together cream and corn starch and add to the pot. Whisk and cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- I served ours with angel hair pasta on the bottom, cut up chicken and topped with the sauce. (You could use rice or a different type of pasta, or even mashed potatoes?)
Yummy! Came home from work not knowing what the heck I should make us for supper. So I made something up! I would definitely make this one again. The recipe isn’t as detailed this time around and I was literally making it up as I went along. Ask me if you have any questions. I foresee many variations of this recipe being possible!
Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Carnitas
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chili powder
- brown rice
- toppings of choice
- spray instant Pot with non-stick spray
- place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot
- put chicken broth, and lime juice over chicken.
- Season with desired amount of chili powder, salt and pepper, add some onion if wanted.
- Turn on instant Pot on manual setting for 16 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice.
- Remove chicken.
- Shred chciken and lightly top with some oil and chili powder.
- Spred out on baking sheet.
- Broil in oven till desired crispiness.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!