These cookies were AMAZING! They’re pretty easy to make as well. Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 10 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 2″ balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Let sit 2 minutes until sugar is absorbed, then reroll in powdered sugar (do not shake off excess). Place about 2″ apart on prepared baking sheet and bake until cookies crackle and are set but still slightly soft in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Original Recipe found at: https://www.delish.com
Derek had the day off earlier this week and I came home to quite the treat! These cookies were absolutely incredible! So much so they all very quickly disappeared! Definitely on my list to have him bake me again VERY soon!
Here’s a quick pic of all the ingredients prepared to start making them.
Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- 3/4 c. apple cider
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon sugar, for rolling
- 1 bag caramel candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple cider to a simmer. Cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball then flatten it slightly with your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of the dough, covering and sealing the caramel entirely with dough. Reshape it into a ball and roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and caramels. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges and set in the middle, 10-14 minutes. Let cool for on pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.