Looking for a super flavorful meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? This is a super tasty and REALLY easy meal to prepare!
Instant Pot Asian Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup unprepared rice
- 1 bag steamer broccoli
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and rice.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 18 min. then let natural release for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking. Prepare rice on stove top. Also prepare broccoli.
- Once chicken is done. Remove from pot and cut/shred.
- Set instant Pot to sauté. Add in corn starch mixture to thicken. (3 tablespoons with 3 tablespoons water)
- Add chicken back into mixture. Add in broccoli as well and stir.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy!
Tonight’s supper was quite awesome! I was in a cooking mood so decided to try some crispy baked chicken, homemade copy-cat Olive Garden alfredo sauce over some fettuccine noodles. Served with a side of homemade garlic toast.
Breaded Crispy Chicken Alfredo
Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg and set aside. In seperate dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken in flour first and then egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until done.
Olive Garden Copy-Cat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (I use a little more than this as I LOVE garlic!)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy cream and cheeses, stir together and heat until simmering and cheese is well combined. (Add salt and pepper to taste)
I highly recommend trying this one! 🙂
YUMMY! This was another Instant Pot success. Find the recipe below!
Instant Pot General Tso Chicken
- 1 pound chicken thighs cut into 2-3 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame Seeds
- Start by cutting the chicken into 2-3 inch chunks, I tend to leave them a bit larger as the pressure cooker tends to make the chicken very moist and this helps to avoid breaking the chicken pieces.
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté -> click on the Adjust button -> select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, wait one minute for the oil to heat up and add the chicken. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until it just starts to get golden. This step can also be done on the stove if you want, as the instant pot doesn’t really brown the chicken too well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Close lid, select the Poultry function and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure. Open the lid. Gently stir not to crush the chicken.
- Select again the Sauté function. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch with the water, whisk until all combined with no lumps. Add the mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook on Sauté function for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. This way you can make the sauce thicker. You can add more if you want to make the sauce even thicker, please note that it thickens as it cools too.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the General Tso Chicken stand for 5-7 minutes, the sauce will thicken more.
- Serve over rice with broccoli and garnish with fresh chopped green onions, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
Original Recipe Posted by sweetandsavorymeals.com
This recipe was a most definite WIN! The recipe made way more then we were able to eat though!
Chicken Tortellini Spinach Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts* (I used half thighs and half breasts)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups frozen cheese tortellini (or you can use fresh)
- 3 cups packed spinach (you can also use kale if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function, on the highest setting. Heat the oil in the bottom of the pot. Add in the diced onion and stir for a couple of minutes. Add in the garlic and stir until the onions are translucent, another couple of minutes.
- Add in the basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper. Give a quick stir. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer to 15 minutes (high pressure). Once the timer beeps let out the pressure by gently moving the valve to “venting.”
- Spoon the chicken out and place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then add it back into the pot. Stir in the tortellini, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half and half. Turn the IP to saute to heat up the tortellini quickly. Once the tortellini is warmed through ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Original Recipe Posted By: 365daysofcrockpot.com
Tried these for the first time on Saturday night and it was a big time winner! This is definitely being saved and put on the make again list! Was a lot simpler then I expected it to be as well!
I should have taken more photos of the finished product!!
Baked Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 4-ounce pieces)
- 1 cup whole wheat Italian style bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 clove minced garlic and olive oil for sauteeing
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup beaten egg whites (I used something similar to Egg Beaters)
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- fresh basil for topping
- Prep the chicken: Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and pound the pieces until they are thin (for quick cooking) and have expanded in surface area (for more filling). Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Prep the filling: Chop the spinach and saute it with the garlic and just a drizzle of olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until just barely wilted. Combine the sauteed spinach with the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and 2-3 tablespoons of the egg whites. Place the remaining egg whites in a separate shallow bowl and set aside.
- Assemble the chicken: Oil the bottom of a large baking dish and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place one piece of chicken on a flat working surface. Put a spoonful of ricotta-spinach filling right in the middle and roll the chicken up so that the edges meet to form a “seam”. Dip the entire chicken roll in egg whites, and then roll it in the breadcrumbs. Place in a baking dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining 7 pieces of chicken. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Finishing touches: After 25 minutes, the chicken should be cooked through (white on the inside) and browned on the top. Cover the chicken with the marinara sauce and slices of fresh Mozzarella. Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melting. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
I just have to start off my saying this pizza was incredible! Although we haven’t made it recently I figured being a football Sunday and Vikings game-day it’d be the perfect post to kick off our new website!
This recipe did take a little time to make and prepare but I’d highly recommend it to really get your game-day fans excited! I’ll keep this short and get to photos and the recipe! In the future I’ll try to take more photos while preparing the recipe! 🙂
Just check out this pizza as it’s being prepared! Ready for the grill! Cut it and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Bacon with Creamy Garlic Sauce Pizza
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- pizza dough
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup wine, beer, or chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper. Place bacon slices on parchment and cook for 10-15 minutes our until crispy.
- Season and grill chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Create sauce (see below).
- Spread pizza dough onto pizza pan or stone. Prick with a fork all over.
- Spread sauce over dough.
- Top with chicken, bacon, shredded colby jack and mozzarella.
- Grill until crust is done to your liking.
- In a skillet, melt butter and oil.
- Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add wine (or beer or broth). Stir.
- Add milk slowly and stir.
- Season to taste.
- Add basil.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.