YUMMY! This recipe was a win for me. Not only because of the taste, but because of the simplicity and amount of time it takes to make, all thanks to the Instant Pot. Another Pinterest win for me!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 2 c chicken broth or water
- 2 c noodles uncooked, small shapes of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1 c parmesan cheese
Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
Cook for 2-3 minutes – just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir.
Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, I used rotini.
Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
Original recipe found at: www.temeculablogs.com.
YUMMY! This thing would work PERFECT for a gathering. It’s also pretty cost effective to make. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making this one for some upcoming gatherings for friends/family. Be warned, it does take a bit of time to assemble etc, but overall super easy. Enjoy!
Chicken Quesadilla Ring
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used my Instant Pot to make the chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 20 taco-size tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and taco sauce, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly add about 2 tablespoons each of the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken mixture to each tortilla half.
- Roll the tortillas into cones, starting from the cut edge and making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
- Place a wide mouth jar or glass in the center of the baking sheet.
- Create a ring around the jar with about 13 tortilla cones. The points of the cones should be in the center, touching the jar. Sprinkle cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese over the layer. Repeat with the remaining cones to make 2 more layers, finishing with the rest of the cheddar and Monterey Jack. Remove the jar from the center of the ring.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy, 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the blooming quesadilla to a serving platter. Place your dip of choice inside the ring and top with your desired garnishes. Serve immediately.
Original recipe found at: www.tasty.com
YUMMY! I knew I had to give this one a try as soon as I seen it. Also, what better way to kick off grilling season? I highly recommend giving this one a try, it’s super easy and full of flavor!
Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Whisk together maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, paprika and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to brush on chicken when cooking. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and refrigerate a few hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill 12 to 15 minutes, until juices run clear. Brush chicken on both sides with reserved marinade before removing from grill.
This one was a definite HIT in our home. If you don’t know me personally, I’m a HUGE fan of garlic, so it was no wonder why this one was a huge hit for me. The original recipe didn’t call for chicken, but I put it in, and I’d highly recommend it! I’ll be putting this one on the list to make again. Below you’ll find the recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon (I used just a squirt of lemon juice, it seemed to work fine)
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley
- Mince 3 garlic cloves. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Add breadcrumbs and minced garlic and season with crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Cook until bread crumbs or golden and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove breadcrumbs into a bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Thinly slice remaining 3 cloves garlic. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions, reserving at least 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add sliced garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low until pasta is done cooking.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and Parmesan if using. Add pasta water to thicken sauce as needed. Stir in parsley and 3/4 of the bread crumbs and toss. Top with remaining bread crumbs and serve immediately.
- I’d recommend adding some cooked chicken breast or tenderloins (which is what I did).
Original recipe found at www.delish.com.
Here’s another Instant Pot success! Overall I’d give this one a big thumbs up and definetaly encourage you to give it a try. 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Roll Dough (I bought Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cut Carrots (I used baby carrots and sliced them up)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I always use low sodium broths)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken, broth and salt and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough and place on baking sheet. (I used foil and sprayed beforehand). I also added a little spritz of spray butter and garlic powder with a pinch of parsley flakes. Bake for about 12 minutes or until desired brownness.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and slide into cubes (bite-size).
- Select saute on the pot.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and butter into a smooth paste. Add the paste into instant pot along with cream and peas. Cook, stirring until the paste is dissolved about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and season to taste.
- Enjoy! I served ours in a bowl with the crescent roll on top/side.
Yummy! Came home from work not knowing what the heck I should make us for supper. So I made something up! I would definitely make this one again. The recipe isn’t as detailed this time around and I was literally making it up as I went along. Ask me if you have any questions. I foresee many variations of this recipe being possible!
Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Carnitas
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chili powder
- brown rice
- toppings of choice
- spray instant Pot with non-stick spray
- place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot
- put chicken broth, and lime juice over chicken.
- Season with desired amount of chili powder, salt and pepper, add some onion if wanted.
- Turn on instant Pot on manual setting for 16 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice.
- Remove chicken.
- Shred chciken and lightly top with some oil and chili powder.
- Spred out on baking sheet.
- Broil in oven till desired crispiness.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Looking for a super flavorful meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? This is a super tasty and REALLY easy meal to prepare!
Instant Pot Asian Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup unprepared rice
- 1 bag steamer broccoli
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and rice.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 18 min. then let natural release for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking. Prepare rice on stove top. Also prepare broccoli.
- Once chicken is done. Remove from pot and cut/shred.
- Set instant Pot to sauté. Add in corn starch mixture to thicken. (3 tablespoons with 3 tablespoons water)
- Add chicken back into mixture. Add in broccoli as well and stir.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy!
Tonight’s supper was quite awesome! I was in a cooking mood so decided to try some crispy baked chicken, homemade copy-cat Olive Garden alfredo sauce over some fettuccine noodles. Served with a side of homemade garlic toast.
Breaded Crispy Chicken Alfredo
Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg and set aside. In seperate dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken in flour first and then egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Place in pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until done.
Olive Garden Copy-Cat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (I use a little more than this as I LOVE garlic!)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy cream and cheeses, stir together and heat until simmering and cheese is well combined. (Add salt and pepper to taste)
I highly recommend trying this one! 🙂
YUMMY! This was another Instant Pot success. Find the recipe below!
Instant Pot General Tso Chicken
- 1 pound chicken thighs cut into 2-3 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame Seeds
- Start by cutting the chicken into 2-3 inch chunks, I tend to leave them a bit larger as the pressure cooker tends to make the chicken very moist and this helps to avoid breaking the chicken pieces.
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté -> click on the Adjust button -> select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, wait one minute for the oil to heat up and add the chicken. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until it just starts to get golden. This step can also be done on the stove if you want, as the instant pot doesn’t really brown the chicken too well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Close lid, select the Poultry function and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure. Open the lid. Gently stir not to crush the chicken.
- Select again the Sauté function. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch with the water, whisk until all combined with no lumps. Add the mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook on Sauté function for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. This way you can make the sauce thicker. You can add more if you want to make the sauce even thicker, please note that it thickens as it cools too.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the General Tso Chicken stand for 5-7 minutes, the sauce will thicken more.
- Serve over rice with broccoli and garnish with fresh chopped green onions, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
Original Recipe Posted by sweetandsavorymeals.com
This recipe was a most definite WIN! The recipe made way more then we were able to eat though!
Chicken Tortellini Spinach Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts* (I used half thighs and half breasts)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups frozen cheese tortellini (or you can use fresh)
- 3 cups packed spinach (you can also use kale if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function, on the highest setting. Heat the oil in the bottom of the pot. Add in the diced onion and stir for a couple of minutes. Add in the garlic and stir until the onions are translucent, another couple of minutes.
- Add in the basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper. Give a quick stir. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer to 15 minutes (high pressure). Once the timer beeps let out the pressure by gently moving the valve to “venting.”
- Spoon the chicken out and place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then add it back into the pot. Stir in the tortellini, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half and half. Turn the IP to saute to heat up the tortellini quickly. Once the tortellini is warmed through ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Original Recipe Posted By: 365daysofcrockpot.com