YUMMY! This recipe was a win for me. Not only because of the taste, but because of the simplicity and amount of time it takes to make, all thanks to the Instant Pot. Another Pinterest win for me!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 2 c chicken broth or water
- 2 c noodles uncooked, small shapes of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1 c parmesan cheese
Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
Cook for 2-3 minutes – just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir.
Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, I used rotini.
Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
Original recipe found at: www.temeculablogs.com.
YUMMY! This thing would work PERFECT for a gathering. It’s also pretty cost effective to make. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making this one for some upcoming gatherings for friends/family. Be warned, it does take a bit of time to assemble etc, but overall super easy. Enjoy!
Chicken Quesadilla Ring
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used my Instant Pot to make the chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 20 taco-size tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and taco sauce, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly add about 2 tablespoons each of the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken mixture to each tortilla half.
- Roll the tortillas into cones, starting from the cut edge and making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
- Place a wide mouth jar or glass in the center of the baking sheet.
- Create a ring around the jar with about 13 tortilla cones. The points of the cones should be in the center, touching the jar. Sprinkle cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese over the layer. Repeat with the remaining cones to make 2 more layers, finishing with the rest of the cheddar and Monterey Jack. Remove the jar from the center of the ring.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy, 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the blooming quesadilla to a serving platter. Place your dip of choice inside the ring and top with your desired garnishes. Serve immediately.
Original recipe found at: www.tasty.com
YUMMY! I knew I had to give this one a try as soon as I seen it. Also, what better way to kick off grilling season? I highly recommend giving this one a try, it’s super easy and full of flavor!
Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Whisk together maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, paprika and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to brush on chicken when cooking. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and refrigerate a few hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill 12 to 15 minutes, until juices run clear. Brush chicken on both sides with reserved marinade before removing from grill.
This one was a definite HIT in our home. If you don’t know me personally, I’m a HUGE fan of garlic, so it was no wonder why this one was a huge hit for me. The original recipe didn’t call for chicken, but I put it in, and I’d highly recommend it! I’ll be putting this one on the list to make again. Below you’ll find the recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon (I used just a squirt of lemon juice, it seemed to work fine)
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley
- Mince 3 garlic cloves. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Add breadcrumbs and minced garlic and season with crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Cook until bread crumbs or golden and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove breadcrumbs into a bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Thinly slice remaining 3 cloves garlic. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions, reserving at least 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add sliced garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low until pasta is done cooking.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and Parmesan if using. Add pasta water to thicken sauce as needed. Stir in parsley and 3/4 of the bread crumbs and toss. Top with remaining bread crumbs and serve immediately.
- I’d recommend adding some cooked chicken breast or tenderloins (which is what I did).
Original recipe found at www.delish.com.
Here’s another Instant Pot success! Overall I’d give this one a big thumbs up and definetaly encourage you to give it a try. 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Roll Dough (I bought Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cut Carrots (I used baby carrots and sliced them up)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I always use low sodium broths)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken, broth and salt and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough and place on baking sheet. (I used foil and sprayed beforehand). I also added a little spritz of spray butter and garlic powder with a pinch of parsley flakes. Bake for about 12 minutes or until desired brownness.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and slide into cubes (bite-size).
- Select saute on the pot.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and butter into a smooth paste. Add the paste into instant pot along with cream and peas. Cook, stirring until the paste is dissolved about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and season to taste.
- Enjoy! I served ours in a bowl with the crescent roll on top/side.
Yummy! Came home from work not knowing what the heck I should make us for supper. So I made something up! I would definitely make this one again. The recipe isn’t as detailed this time around and I was literally making it up as I went along. Ask me if you have any questions. I foresee many variations of this recipe being possible!
Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Carnitas
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chili powder
- brown rice
- toppings of choice
- spray instant Pot with non-stick spray
- place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot
- put chicken broth, and lime juice over chicken.
- Season with desired amount of chili powder, salt and pepper, add some onion if wanted.
- Turn on instant Pot on manual setting for 16 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice.
- Remove chicken.
- Shred chciken and lightly top with some oil and chili powder.
- Spred out on baking sheet.
- Broil in oven till desired crispiness.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!