I recently bought a new cookbook and had to give this simple recipe a try. While the “sauce” disappointed me, mainly since there wasn’t much of it. The overall recipe was great and the taste of the meatballs was awesome. I’m going to have to adjust this recipe up a bit, maybe try making homemade brown gravy next time around instead. I figured I would share anyways to see what different ways you might mix it up.
Porcupine Meatballs with Egg Noodles
- Box of Beef flavored Rice-O-Roni
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- Egg Noodles
- Mix Hamburger, Rice-O-Roni (put the seasoning package to the side for now) and egg together.
- Form small 1″ meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides. While they are cooking, mix the water and seasoning package from Rice-o-Roni box.
- Cook egg noodles according to package.
- Once the meatballs are browned, add in the water/seasoning mix and cover, simmer for approx. 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked and the sauce has thickened a little bit.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Normally I would make this recipe with white rice. Well after getting everything prepped and realizing that I only had a tiny bit of rice left, I decided to give some rice noodles a try as a substitute, now I want to make it this way next time! So good!
Korean Beef Bowls w/ Rice Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 3 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Optional: Parsley for topping
- Cook ground beef and garlic until beef is done.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- While beef and noodles are cooking, mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add mixture to beef when done. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice noodles in a bowl.
- Top with parsley (optional).
Talk about a super easy and amazing home-cooked meal! This meal is so much simpler and faster then you could ever imagine, thanks to the Instant Pot! I didn’t have much camera success today taking a good image. See below for a few more photos. 🙂
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- Hoagie Buns
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Provolone Cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- Cut roast into quarters.
- Place olive oil or vegetable oil in pan and turn on saute. Saute all sides of roast just to sear the outside edges a little bit.
- Add beef broth, chopped onions, bay leaf, seasonings to Instant Pot and turn on manual pressure for 38 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes.
- I cut our hoagie buns and put them in the oven on broil for a few minutes. (Optional)
- Remove roast from instant pot and slice.
- Place sliced roast on hoagie buns and top with provolone cheese. If you want the cheese melted a little bit more, throw it back in the oven for a minute or two on broil again.
- Leftover juice in the pot is Au Jus sauce to dip your sandwich in!