These cookies were AMAZING! They’re pretty easy to make as well. Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 10 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 2″ balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Let sit 2 minutes until sugar is absorbed, then reroll in powdered sugar (do not shake off excess). Place about 2″ apart on prepared baking sheet and bake until cookies crackle and are set but still slightly soft in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Original Recipe found at: https://www.delish.com
Normally I would make this recipe with white rice. Well after getting everything prepped and realizing that I only had a tiny bit of rice left, I decided to give some rice noodles a try as a substitute, now I want to make it this way next time! So good!
Korean Beef Bowls w/ Rice Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 3 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Optional: Parsley for topping
- Cook ground beef and garlic until beef is done.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- While beef and noodles are cooking, mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add mixture to beef when done. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice noodles in a bowl.
- Top with parsley (optional).
By far I think this was the biggest hit of our little Superbowl Sunday get together. They didn’t last long and not one was left over. I’d highly recommend this one for potlucks or a family/friends get together. Enjoy!
Dill Pickle Roll-Ups
- 4-5 Flour Tortillas of Your Choice
- 1 Cup Dill Relish
- 1 8oz. Package Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dried Dill Weed for Garnish
- Mix together cream cheese, garlic, pepper jack cheese and dill relish.
- Divide the mixture onto your tortillas (spread all the way to the edges).
- Roll them up.
- Place them on a plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice them about 1″ thick each.
- Garnish with dried dill weed and serve.
Super excited to have checked another room off our list. Our new home office is just about complete. Although we eventually want to re-do the flooring, it’s a pretty good start.
Here’s some more photos of the completed project.
I’m a sucker for being able to surprise someone I love with a thought out gift. Anyone that knows Derek would be able to tell you his favorite musician is Kenny Chesney. Well I’ve been working on it for awhile and decided to surprise him with tickets and a hotel room for xmas. I couldn’t wait until xmas to give him the surprise though… Here’s how I told him.
He was going to get off work earlier than I was so I left this envelope on the counter for him when he got home. I also decided to text him a picture of it to build up some anticipation. When he opened it, here’s what he found.
Now we have another event to look forward to, and will start our spring BOTH getting to see our favorite musicians. I get to see Skillet on March 31st with the love of my life. Then, we get to see Derek’s favorite, Kenny Chesney on May 17th! Happy start to 2019 for us!
Since I (Bobby) had to travel to Duluth to work for a couple days. Derek and I decided to extend the trip a little and enjoy an extra night. Although we didn’t have a ton on our schedule to do, we enjoyed a night with our good friend checking out Bentleyville. We also met up with some friends we met on our trip last year for a great supper. Overall a wonderful mini-getaway. It’s the little things like this that make me truly happy! ❤ I do highly recommend checking out Bentleyville at least once in your lifetime if you haven’t before.
YUMMY! This was a super hit for us, and a big win for me. I’ve always wanted to try and start making more sauces homemade at home. This was a pretty easy sauce to make. One surprise ingredient for me was cream cheese!
Homemade Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz parmesan cheese (grated)
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly. If it gets too thick, add some milk.
Original recipe found at www.allrecipes.com