Normally I would make this recipe with white rice. Well after getting everything prepped and realizing that I only had a tiny bit of rice left, I decided to give some rice noodles a try as a substitute, now I want to make it this way next time! So good!
Korean Beef Bowls w/ Rice Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 3 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Optional: Parsley for topping
- Cook ground beef and garlic until beef is done.
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- While beef and noodles are cooking, mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add mixture to beef when done. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice noodles in a bowl.
- Top with parsley (optional).
By far I think this was the biggest hit of our little Superbowl Sunday get together. They didn’t last long and not one was left over. I’d highly recommend this one for potlucks or a family/friends get together. Enjoy!
Dill Pickle Roll-Ups
- 4-5 Flour Tortillas of Your Choice
- 1 Cup Dill Relish
- 1 8oz. Package Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dried Dill Weed for Garnish
- Mix together cream cheese, garlic, pepper jack cheese and dill relish.
- Divide the mixture onto your tortillas (spread all the way to the edges).
- Roll them up.
- Place them on a plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice them about 1″ thick each.
- Garnish with dried dill weed and serve.
Super excited to have checked another room off our list. Our new home office is just about complete. Although we eventually want to re-do the flooring, it’s a pretty good start.
Here’s some more photos of the completed project.
I’m a sucker for being able to surprise someone I love with a thought out gift. Anyone that knows Derek would be able to tell you his favorite musician is Kenny Chesney. Well I’ve been working on it for awhile and decided to surprise him with tickets and a hotel room for xmas. I couldn’t wait until xmas to give him the surprise though… Here’s how I told him.
He was going to get off work earlier than I was so I left this envelope on the counter for him when he got home. I also decided to text him a picture of it to build up some anticipation. When he opened it, here’s what he found.
Now we have another event to look forward to, and will start our spring BOTH getting to see our favorite musicians. I get to see Skillet on March 31st with the love of my life. Then, we get to see Derek’s favorite, Kenny Chesney on May 17th! Happy start to 2019 for us!
Since I (Bobby) had to travel to Duluth to work for a couple days. Derek and I decided to extend the trip a little and enjoy an extra night. Although we didn’t have a ton on our schedule to do, we enjoyed a night with our good friend checking out Bentleyville. We also met up with some friends we met on our trip last year for a great supper. Overall a wonderful mini-getaway. It’s the little things like this that make me truly happy! ❤ I do highly recommend checking out Bentleyville at least once in your lifetime if you haven’t before.
YUMMY! This was a super hit for us, and a big win for me. I’ve always wanted to try and start making more sauces homemade at home. This was a pretty easy sauce to make. One surprise ingredient for me was cream cheese!
Homemade Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz parmesan cheese (grated)
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly. If it gets too thick, add some milk.
Original recipe found at www.allrecipes.com
Here’s another Instant Pot success! Overall I’d give this one a big thumbs up and definetaly encourage you to give it a try. 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Roll Dough (I bought Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cut Carrots (I used baby carrots and sliced them up)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I always use low sodium broths)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken, broth and salt and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough and place on baking sheet. (I used foil and sprayed beforehand). I also added a little spritz of spray butter and garlic powder with a pinch of parsley flakes. Bake for about 12 minutes or until desired brownness.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and slide into cubes (bite-size).
- Select saute on the pot.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and butter into a smooth paste. Add the paste into instant pot along with cream and peas. Cook, stirring until the paste is dissolved about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and season to taste.
- Enjoy! I served ours in a bowl with the crescent roll on top/side.
Awhile back I got a bug to go out and get a sewing machine, determined to learn a little on my own and make some doggy bandanas. Well many failed attempts and some not-so-great successes have made me put it off for awhile again. Today I broke it back out and again had many failed and not-so-great successes. Overall I guess in the end they work great on the dogs and look good when their wearing them!
I do hope to break out and try some other things eventually. Who knows what I might learn in the end and maybe become “okay” at it. Ha! 😀
First I want to start off by saying, this isn’t a product review blog, however when we find a product we like, we just might recommend it for our followers and their homes.
I love the look of mulch in landscaping, however one of the downfalls is how incredibly fast it fades. Even when it says it’s guaranteed for a a year plus, we all know that just isn’t the case. Well we found this product to give it a try at Menards. Needless to say, we were both very impressed with it. Super easy to put on, and way cheaper than going out and buying a bunch of new bags of mulch to refresh it.
Pretty sure we’ll be buying this again in the spring to refresh it after the long North Dakota winter. 🙂 I bottle covered all of our mulch, and if you’ve seen our landscaping, we actually have quite a bit!