Derek had the day off earlier this week and I came home to quite the treat! These cookies were absolutely incredible! So much so they all very quickly disappeared! Definitely on my list to have him bake me again VERY soon!
Here’s a quick pic of all the ingredients prepared to start making them.
Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- 3/4 c. apple cider
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon sugar, for rolling
- 1 bag caramel candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple cider to a simmer. Cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball then flatten it slightly with your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of the dough, covering and sealing the caramel entirely with dough. Reshape it into a ball and roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and caramels. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges and set in the middle, 10-14 minutes. Let cool for on pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Halloween is just around the corner and Derek and I are finally getting closer to completing our display for the year. We normally would have been long done a long time ago, however our priorities got shifted with the new house, moving etc.
Halloween has always been one of our favorites to decorate for! Anyone else have any Halloween decoration photos to share? Share them in the comments! 🙂
Here is some night-time photos!
I just have to start off my saying this pizza was incredible! Although we haven’t made it recently I figured being a football Sunday and Vikings game-day it’d be the perfect post to kick off our new website!
This recipe did take a little time to make and prepare but I’d highly recommend it to really get your game-day fans excited! I’ll keep this short and get to photos and the recipe! In the future I’ll try to take more photos while preparing the recipe! 🙂
Just check out this pizza as it’s being prepared! Ready for the grill! Cut it and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Bacon with Creamy Garlic Sauce Pizza
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- pizza dough
- salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup wine, beer, or chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper. Place bacon slices on parchment and cook for 10-15 minutes our until crispy.
- Season and grill chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Create sauce (see below).
- Spread pizza dough onto pizza pan or stone. Prick with a fork all over.
- Spread sauce over dough.
- Top with chicken, bacon, shredded colby jack and mozzarella.
- Grill until crust is done to your liking.
- In a skillet, melt butter and oil.
- Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add wine (or beer or broth). Stir.
- Add milk slowly and stir.
- Season to taste.
- Add basil.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.