YUMMY! This recipe was a win for me. Not only because of the taste, but because of the simplicity and amount of time it takes to make, all thanks to the Instant Pot. Another Pinterest win for me!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 2 c chicken broth or water
- 2 c noodles uncooked, small shapes of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1 c parmesan cheese
Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
Cook for 2-3 minutes – just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir.
Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, I used rotini.
Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
Original recipe found at: www.temeculablogs.com.
Here’s another Instant Pot success! Overall I’d give this one a big thumbs up and definetaly encourage you to give it a try. 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Roll Dough (I bought Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cut Carrots (I used baby carrots and sliced them up)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I always use low sodium broths)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken, broth and salt and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough and place on baking sheet. (I used foil and sprayed beforehand). I also added a little spritz of spray butter and garlic powder with a pinch of parsley flakes. Bake for about 12 minutes or until desired brownness.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and slide into cubes (bite-size).
- Select saute on the pot.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and butter into a smooth paste. Add the paste into instant pot along with cream and peas. Cook, stirring until the paste is dissolved about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and season to taste.
- Enjoy! I served ours in a bowl with the crescent roll on top/side.
Talk about a super easy and amazing home-cooked meal! This meal is so much simpler and faster then you could ever imagine, thanks to the Instant Pot! I didn’t have much camera success today taking a good image. See below for a few more photos. 🙂
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- Hoagie Buns
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Provolone Cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- Cut roast into quarters.
- Place olive oil or vegetable oil in pan and turn on saute. Saute all sides of roast just to sear the outside edges a little bit.
- Add beef broth, chopped onions, bay leaf, seasonings to Instant Pot and turn on manual pressure for 38 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes.
- I cut our hoagie buns and put them in the oven on broil for a few minutes. (Optional)
- Remove roast from instant pot and slice.
- Place sliced roast on hoagie buns and top with provolone cheese. If you want the cheese melted a little bit more, throw it back in the oven for a minute or two on broil again.
- Leftover juice in the pot is Au Jus sauce to dip your sandwich in!
Talk about another huge Instant Pot success! Derek has been in the fall mood and most definetaly craving the pumpkin lately, so I decided to get to work and make this cheesecake. It’s simple to make as well!
Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- 3/4 Cups Ginger Snaps (About 20 Cookies)
- 2 Tbs Pecans
- 2 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 2 – 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, at Room Temp.
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- In a blender or food processor, combine cookies and pecans. Pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl combine crumbs and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Use your fingers and press firmly into bottom and sides of springform pan (I used a 6″ in this case). Place pan in freezer until your ready for it.
- In large mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time and make sure to not overwork the batter.
- Pour mixture on top of cookie crust in springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add in trivet with springform pan into the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove from cooker and allow to cool, then refridgerate until ready to serve. Top with caramel and pecans.
Yummy! That’s my description of this SUPER simple easy meal. Who doesn’t love some tasty ribs?
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 lbs. Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 tsp dry rub*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
* for the dry rub I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Rub the dry seasoning on the ribs. Recommended you let it sit in the fridge with the rub on them for awhile (I didn’t this time).
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot and add water.
- Coil the ribs around the inside of the pot.
- Set on manual pressure for 30 minutes, when time expires let naturally pressure release for 25 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the instant pot and place on cookie sheet. Cover the ribs on both sides with bbq sauce, then place in oven on broil until desired texture is reached.
Anyone that knows me already knows how much I love my Instant Pot. What you may not know is one of my favorite things to cook in it is chicken. It’s amazing how easy it is and how juicy the chicken comes out. This was a super simple recipe that was a hit for us! 🙂
Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mixed with a tad of water before adding)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add broth and sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn valve to sealing. Select Manual, high pressure, and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- Once the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board or serving platter. Turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Stir together cream and corn starch and add to the pot. Whisk and cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- I served ours with angel hair pasta on the bottom, cut up chicken and topped with the sauce. (You could use rice or a different type of pasta, or even mashed potatoes?)
This was a fantastic and super easy meal to make. Highly suggest this one.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- ⅔ cups cook Ground Beef
- ⅓ cups dice Onion
- 18 2/3 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Canned
- 4 ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 ⅔ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Parsley, Dried
- 2 teaspoons Basil, Dried
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 cups Beef Bone Broth/Stock
- 5 ⅓ fluid ounces Vegetable Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 5 ⅓ ounces Elbows
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, making sure noodles are covered in liquid.
- Lock lid into place and seal steam nozzle.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
Original recipe found at: https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/instant-pot-lasagna-soup-traditional-version/
Yummy! Came home from work not knowing what the heck I should make us for supper. So I made something up! I would definitely make this one again. The recipe isn’t as detailed this time around and I was literally making it up as I went along. Ask me if you have any questions. I foresee many variations of this recipe being possible!
Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Carnitas
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chili powder
- brown rice
- toppings of choice
- spray instant Pot with non-stick spray
- place frozen chicken breasts in instant pot
- put chicken broth, and lime juice over chicken.
- Season with desired amount of chili powder, salt and pepper, add some onion if wanted.
- Turn on instant Pot on manual setting for 16 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice.
- Remove chicken.
- Shred chciken and lightly top with some oil and chili powder.
- Spred out on baking sheet.
- Broil in oven till desired crispiness.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Looking for a super flavorful meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? This is a super tasty and REALLY easy meal to prepare!
Instant Pot Asian Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup unprepared rice
- 1 bag steamer broccoli
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and rice.
- Add frozen chicken breasts to instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 18 min. then let natural release for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking. Prepare rice on stove top. Also prepare broccoli.
- Once chicken is done. Remove from pot and cut/shred.
- Set instant Pot to sauté. Add in corn starch mixture to thicken. (3 tablespoons with 3 tablespoons water)
- Add chicken back into mixture. Add in broccoli as well and stir.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy!