YUMMY! This was a super hit for us, and a big win for me. I’ve always wanted to try and start making more sauces homemade at home. This was a pretty easy sauce to make. One surprise ingredient for me was cream cheese!
Homemade Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz parmesan cheese (grated)
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly. If it gets too thick, add some milk.
Original recipe found at www.allrecipes.com
Here’s another Instant Pot success! Overall I’d give this one a big thumbs up and definetaly encourage you to give it a try. 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Roll Dough (I bought Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cut Carrots (I used baby carrots and sliced them up)
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (I always use low sodium broths)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken, broth and salt and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough and place on baking sheet. (I used foil and sprayed beforehand). I also added a little spritz of spray butter and garlic powder with a pinch of parsley flakes. Bake for about 12 minutes or until desired brownness.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and slide into cubes (bite-size).
- Select saute on the pot.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and butter into a smooth paste. Add the paste into instant pot along with cream and peas. Cook, stirring until the paste is dissolved about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and season to taste.
- Enjoy! I served ours in a bowl with the crescent roll on top/side.
I know I’ve said it on a bunch of recipes I’ve posted, but talk about SUPER easy! This recipe was done in no time, all in one-pot for easy clean-up. I was also pleasantly surprised by the full flavor of the meal. Highly recommend for a quick night meal.
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 10 oz Pasta of Choice
- Onions (Optional)
- Sour Cream (Optional Topping)
- Doritos, Crushed (Optional Topping)
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, taco seasoning, pasta and salsa.
- Bring to boil and then turn down heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally, or until pasta reaches desired done-ness.
- Serve it up with optional toppings of your choice. It really does taste like tacos so whatever you normally like, will probably taste amazing.
Talk about a super easy and amazing home-cooked meal! This meal is so much simpler and faster then you could ever imagine, thanks to the Instant Pot! I didn’t have much camera success today taking a good image. See below for a few more photos. 🙂
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- Hoagie Buns
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Provolone Cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- Cut roast into quarters.
- Place olive oil or vegetable oil in pan and turn on saute. Saute all sides of roast just to sear the outside edges a little bit.
- Add beef broth, chopped onions, bay leaf, seasonings to Instant Pot and turn on manual pressure for 38 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes.
- I cut our hoagie buns and put them in the oven on broil for a few minutes. (Optional)
- Remove roast from instant pot and slice.
- Place sliced roast on hoagie buns and top with provolone cheese. If you want the cheese melted a little bit more, throw it back in the oven for a minute or two on broil again.
- Leftover juice in the pot is Au Jus sauce to dip your sandwich in!
This was supposed to be just a quick throw together meal for Derek and I. Well simple it was, however it tasted like something that was made over a long difficult time in the kitchen. Simple, yet tasty.
Sausage Mozarella Spinach Ravioli Pasta
- Spinach & Mozarella Ravioli
- Jar of Marinara Sauce / Spaghetti Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese (For Topping)
- Start by adding a little olive oil to a pan and heating over medium heat. Add onions, saute for a couple of minutes then add in garlic. Saute for 1 minute longer and add in sausage slices, cook until done.
- Prepare Ravioli according to directions and then strain water out.
- Mix together sausage, tortellini and sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Talk about another huge Instant Pot success! Derek has been in the fall mood and most definetaly craving the pumpkin lately, so I decided to get to work and make this cheesecake. It’s simple to make as well!
Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- 3/4 Cups Ginger Snaps (About 20 Cookies)
- 2 Tbs Pecans
- 2 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 2 – 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, at Room Temp.
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- In a blender or food processor, combine cookies and pecans. Pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl combine crumbs and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Use your fingers and press firmly into bottom and sides of springform pan (I used a 6″ in this case). Place pan in freezer until your ready for it.
- In large mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time and make sure to not overwork the batter.
- Pour mixture on top of cookie crust in springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add in trivet with springform pan into the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove from cooker and allow to cool, then refridgerate until ready to serve. Top with caramel and pecans.
Yummy! That’s my description of this SUPER simple easy meal. Who doesn’t love some tasty ribs?
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 lbs. Baby Back Ribs
- 2.5 tsp dry rub*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
* for the dry rub I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Rub the dry seasoning on the ribs. Recommended you let it sit in the fridge with the rub on them for awhile (I didn’t this time).
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot and add water.
- Coil the ribs around the inside of the pot.
- Set on manual pressure for 30 minutes, when time expires let naturally pressure release for 25 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the instant pot and place on cookie sheet. Cover the ribs on both sides with bbq sauce, then place in oven on broil until desired texture is reached.
Anyone that knows me already knows how much I love my Instant Pot. What you may not know is one of my favorite things to cook in it is chicken. It’s amazing how easy it is and how juicy the chicken comes out. This was a super simple recipe that was a hit for us! 🙂
Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mixed with a tad of water before adding)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add broth and sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn valve to sealing. Select Manual, high pressure, and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- Once the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board or serving platter. Turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Stir together cream and corn starch and add to the pot. Whisk and cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- I served ours with angel hair pasta on the bottom, cut up chicken and topped with the sauce. (You could use rice or a different type of pasta, or even mashed potatoes?)
This was a fantastic and super easy meal to make. Highly suggest this one.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- ⅔ cups cook Ground Beef
- ⅓ cups dice Onion
- 18 2/3 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Canned
- 4 ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 ⅔ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Parsley, Dried
- 2 teaspoons Basil, Dried
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 cups Beef Bone Broth/Stock
- 5 ⅓ fluid ounces Vegetable Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 5 ⅓ ounces Elbows
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, making sure noodles are covered in liquid.
- Lock lid into place and seal steam nozzle.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
Original recipe found at: https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/instant-pot-lasagna-soup-traditional-version/