This recipe was delicious and would recommend everyone to give it a try. I went out of my norm being a “meatless” recipe and don’t regret it at all.
- ½ lb frozen cheese ravioli about 250 g
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced (about ½ teaspoon)
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk or as required to reach desired consistency
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives optional
- ½ tablespoon chopped basil
- A pinch of nutmeg optional
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- While the ravioli is cooking, set a heavy bottomed, nonstick skillet on medium high heat and add butter.
- Wait for the butter to melt and then add garlic and shallot. Cook for about 30 seconds and then add spinach.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes till the spinach is wilted.
- Carefully add in the heavy cream and start whisking. Keep at it till the cream boils a bit – about 4 minutes. Add in milk if you want to make the sauce thinner.
- Add parmesan chees and stir toi melt and mix. After the parmesan becomes part of the sauce, add the seasoning. Give the sauce a taste check.
- By now your ravioli should be done. Drain the ravioli and add to the sauce. Stir to coat. Sprinkle chives and basil and give one final mix.
- Serve piping hot sprinkled with extra herbs or drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
Original recipe found at: http://kitchendocs.com/2018/05/25/ravioli-in-creamy-garlic-and-spinach-white-sauce/