I recently bought a new cookbook and had to give this simple recipe a try. While the “sauce” disappointed me, mainly since there wasn’t much of it. The overall recipe was great and the taste of the meatballs was awesome. I’m going to have to adjust this recipe up a bit, maybe try making homemade brown gravy next time around instead. I figured I would share anyways to see what different ways you might mix it up.
Porcupine Meatballs with Egg Noodles
- Box of Beef flavored Rice-O-Roni
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- Egg Noodles
- Mix Hamburger, Rice-O-Roni (put the seasoning package to the side for now) and egg together.
- Form small 1″ meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides. While they are cooking, mix the water and seasoning package from Rice-o-Roni box.
- Cook egg noodles according to package.
- Once the meatballs are browned, add in the water/seasoning mix and cover, simmer for approx. 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked and the sauce has thickened a little bit.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.