YUMMY! This was a super hit for us, and a big win for me. I’ve always wanted to try and start making more sauces homemade at home. This was a pretty easy sauce to make. One surprise ingredient for me was cream cheese!
Homemade Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz parmesan cheese (grated)
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly. If it gets too thick, add some milk.
Original recipe found at www.allrecipes.com