This was a super easy quick meal to put together and even though doesn’t always look the best and definitely looked funny when I was making it, it turned out great and something I’d definitely make us again. Check out the recipe below.
This recipe came from Pillsbury.com (minor adjustments made to the way I made it below)
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen potato pierogies
- 1 package kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), very softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place frozen pierogies and some butter in frying pan and saute just a bit to brown the outside of the pierogies. Place pierogies evenly in casserole. Top with sausage.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth and pepper with whisk. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Cover with foil; bake about 30 minutes or until center is heated through and temperature reaches 165°F.
- Uncover, and top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.