Derek had the day off earlier this week and I came home to quite the treat! These cookies were absolutely incredible! So much so they all very quickly disappeared! Definitely on my list to have him bake me again VERY soon!
Here’s a quick pic of all the ingredients prepared to start making them.
Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- 3/4 c. apple cider
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon sugar, for rolling
- 1 bag caramel candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple cider to a simmer. Cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball then flatten it slightly with your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of the dough, covering and sealing the caramel entirely with dough. Reshape it into a ball and roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and caramels. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges and set in the middle, 10-14 minutes. Let cool for on pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.